- Put the source media, SD cards, into read only mode
- Copy the media into a new folder under a single 'media' folder on my desktop with the name of the folder being the date when I'm doing the backup
- Immediately copy the new folder onto an external USB hard drive
- Remove the hard drive from the desk top
- Kick off a backup. I'm using Jungle Disk for my cloud backups
- Put the SD card into read-write mode and delete all content to free up space
- That's it
I'm going to use the OVI files space I have for syncing docs between computers for the time being.