- The first hard drive to boot is the one plugged SATA port 0 and you can't override that in the BIOS
- Even when you get the SSD to boot it runs really slowly
- The AS SSD Benchmark is a really good tool for diagnosing SSD performance issues
- If your SSD is running in IDE mode then it will be really slow. To fix it you need to be able to run in AHCI mode
- But...the Compaq Presario has a Intel ICH7 southbridge chip set that doesn't support AHCI
So I can't use my new SSD on my old PC. I'll have to put it into the newer Zoostorm PC.