I've been looking at ScriptCraft as something for us to play with at the next MadLab CoderDojo. Here are my notes on getting the server running...
(1) First I created a new "scriptcraft" user on the server
(2) I then installed Bukkit. I'm running the "02110_1.5.2-R0.1" beta version of Bukkit so that the 1.5.2 Minecraft client works
(3) I set up a startserver.sh batch file to hold the commands to start things up
(4) I edited the server.properties file to bind Bukkit to port 25566. There is the vanilla Minecraft server already running on the standard port 25565
(5) I changed to the plugins directory and pulled down the latest ScriptCraft.jar file
(6) I then restarted the server and logged in with the Minecraft client, added my user to ops.txt, typed
/js up().box('35:15', 4, 9, 1)
...and made myself a nice 2001: A Space Odyssey style monolith.