Monday 20 May 2013

Setting Up ScriptCraft

I've been looking at ScriptCraft as something for us to play with at the next MadLab CoderDojo.  Here are my notes on getting the server running...

(1) First I created a new "scriptcraft" user on the server
(2) I then installed Bukkit.  I'm running the "02110_1.5.2-R0.1" beta version of Bukkit so that the 1.5.2 Minecraft client works
(3) I set up a startserver.sh batch file to hold the commands to start things up
(4) I edited the server.properties file to bind Bukkit to port 25566.  There is the vanilla Minecraft server already running on the standard port 25565
(5) I changed to the plugins directory and pulled down the latest ScriptCraft.jar file


wget http://scriptcraftjs.org/download/2013-03-31/ScriptCraft.jar

(6) I then restarted the server and logged in with the Minecraft client, added my user to ops.txt,  typed

/js up().box('35:15', 4, 9, 1)

...and made myself a nice 2001: A Space Odyssey style monolith.


No comments: