How to Update Minecraft White-List Without a RestartThis is especially needed to white-list players without shutting down the server:
- Make the edits to the server white-list.txt
- On the server as an op run "/whitelist reload"
How to Update the Minetest auth.txt Settings Without a RestartSimilar problem on Minetest: how to change the auth.txt setting on a running server without a restart:
- The Minetest wiki page on privileges states that you should NOT edit the auth.txt file while the server is running
- Instead us the "/grant <name> <privilege>" command to give a privilege to a player (you need the "privs" privilege to be able to do this
- The running server will write out the update to the auth.txt file