- Download Minetest and unpack the zip file somewhere
- From the folder that you've unpacked rename the "minetest.conf.example" file to "minetest.conf"
- Edit the minetest.conf file with your favorite text edit (or Notepad)
- Find the line that starts "# Mapgen stuff" and create a new line beneath it
- Add the following
mg_flags = flat
- Save the edited minetest.conf file
- From the unpacked folder go into the "bin" folder and double click "minetest.exe" to start the program
- Press "new" to create a new world
- Give the world a new name
- Choose the type of world you want -- perhaps "build" is the best choice here
- Click "Create"
- You almost certainly want to tick the "Creative Mode" box so that you have lots of stuff to build with
- Choose your new world and click "Play"
- You should now be in your super-flat world
Wednesday, 10 April 2013
Minetest Super-Flat World Howto
Here's some quick notes on how to create a super-flat world in Minetest. This works on version 0.4.6 running on Windows.